Project Name: Replacement of Pitched roof coverings to residential housing stock in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
Client/Location: Affinity Sutton Housing Association
Main Contractor: Keepmoat
Contract Value: £895,000
Contract Dates: April 2016 – February 2017
Scope of Works:
- Renewal of existing tiled roof coverings including slate roofs with Redland Spec Master system
- Renewal of all leadwork flashings, back gutters and cover flashings
- Re-pointing of Chimney Stacks
- Re-flaunching of chimney stacks
- Rigid insulation boards between rafters to vaulted ceilings.
- Re-insulate lofts and loft insulation top ups
- Removal of asbestos cement soffits
- Renewal of fascia and soffit boards
- Renewal of rainwater goods
The key challenges on this project revolved around the sequence of works, material deliveries, waste removal and health and safety procedures. The works were programmed to ensure key scaffolding erection was just in time before roofing works commenced. The logistics of transportation and waste management were also key to ensure just in time deliveries and prompt waste disposal.