Project Name: St Catherine’s Catholic School, Watling Street, Bexleyheath,Kent, DA6 7QJ
Client/Location: Ingleton Wood LLP
Main Contractor: CWG Group
Contract Value: £145,000
Contract Dates: May 2017 – August 2017
Scope of Works:
- Strip up existing membranes and clear from site.
- Installation of a new Alumasc Derbigum roof system.
- Installation of a new tapered roof insulation
- Installation of new Alumasc Rooflights and access hatch
- Installation of a new Alumasc Surefoot edge protection system.
- Removal and re-instatement of Ventilation equipment above the Science block.
- Repairs to brickwork at parapet level and minor concrete repairs.
- Installation of new Alumasc refurbishment outlets
- New UPVC fascia to Perimeter edge detail
The key challenges on this project revolved around minimising the disruption to the school. All scaffolding and roof strip up were programmed to be done within the Half term break at the beginning of the contract. The material deliveries and skip replacements that were scheduled in term time were all done before school hours.