At CWG Group we work closely with our Clients, Key Stakeholders and particularly with our Supply Chain to reduce the impact we make on the environment. We have in place an Environmental Management System that is accredited to BS EN SO 14001:2015.
There are many elements to consider within our roofing and construction activities to ensure that we deliver a responsible and sustainable service to our Clients. We incorporate circular economy principles across our business. This includes recycling or reusing materials, reducing energy and water use, and complying with all the requirements of our ISO 14001 accreditation and our accreditations with CHAS, Constructionline, NFRC and Considerate Constructors.
To ensure we manage the sustainability of our projects, Graham Chisnell our in-house Health, Safety and Environmental manager, support CWG Group to manage all our projects in line with our Environmental Management System. Graham provides guidance and works in collaboration with our supply chain to look at innovation and developments to push continuous improvement.
We implement the following measures to deliver a sustainable service to our clients:
- Ensure waste away is undertaken by a Waste Carrier Licensed partner
- Use local waste companies within 5 miles of our sites to reduce carbon
- Segregate skips
- Reuse and recycle material where possible
- Make material donations in line with our social value initiatives
- Manage all projects in line with our ISO14001 accredited Environmental Management System that is annually audited
- Deliver mandatory environmental training for our staff
- Have a dedicated Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, Graham Chisnell
- Complete Environmental Management Plans for each and every project
- Maintain records and benchmark our performance
- Have in place a Responsible Sourcing Policy
- Thoroughly vet our suppliers and manufacturers to ensure they meet our environmental standards
- Favour the use of products with a high recycled content
- Deliver mandatory Inductions covering sustainability
- Deliver topical Toolbox Talks
- Minimise our CO² emissions by using low carbon fleet and encouraging our staff to use public transport